PERSONAL: 2012 NYC Agenda Show x Karma Loop

29.1.12



 Being a Karma Loop intern has given me endless opportunities that lead to more opportunities that give me the opportunity to see first hand what the fashion industry has to offer. (HAHA best sentence opener) I was able to attend my first fashion trade show last week. I've been to others before but they weren't focused on a particular fashion.

 The Agenda Show focuses on "street wear and action sports industries"(according to their website). It isn't your usual trade show. I say 95% of the crowd was MALE which I have no problem with whatsoever. No prisses, fussy buyers, over-the-top fashionistas. That's probably why I love street wear industry. The culture is so chill. It was a great experience and I was able to speak with representatives from up and coming brands as well as established ones. I haven't even heard of half of them. Camo and tribal prints were two of the biggest trends and it was great to see a different interpretation throughout the show. I'm amazed to see the many camo prints that (I never thought of or seen) were executed.

I'm not really a buyer type of girl but it is never bad to get a little taste of every job in the industry. Met lots of influential people in which I hope to stay in contact with. Since I didn't know I was going I was unable to capture any footage of the show. So I'll you with this video from Karmaloop.com


No comments:

Post a Comment