OOTD: DARE to be different

29.7.12

Sunday is always my chill day. I don't know why I'm always in the mood to go to a museum. It happens to me every fricken Sunday. My good friend Korn and I decided to take advantage of our free time (we work both have a busy schedule) and check out the Yayoi Kusama exhibit at the Whitney Museum of American Art. Yayoi Kusama is an amazing Japanese artist and writer. She is most known for avant-garde style. Since the train was undergoing construction I seriously had 30 minutes to browse. I wasn't too happy but at that point I didn't want to waste my whole Sunday traveling. If you didn't know the trains are extremely slow on Sundays so if you plan on doing anything you have to really plan ahead.

I was pretty impressed by Yayoi Kusama's work. I did read up on her prior to the exhibit and found out some interesting facts about her. At one point in her life she did check herself into a hospital after having psychiatric problems. Certainly you can tell through a lot of her work that problems she experienced. It's mind blowing to think that all the geniuses in the world were a little crazy.

After the 30 minute excursion we headed to the Soup Burg. Chilled and caught up on life.  Both of us have always wanted to get back into working out. And that lead to the 20.00 bet to see who can lose the most weight in 3-4 weeks. So I will be looking a little slim in upcoming posts HOPEFULLY! Cross your fingers. I'm currently on a healthy diet and will be heading to the gym/park after work. After our "healthy" dinner we headed to Central Park and did a little walking. For some reason we always end up at the Bethesda Fountain every time we hang out on Sunday. It's our spot! To end the day we laid in the grass and talked about our future as amazing stars. lol









D.A.R.E t-shirt: Thrifted 
Black pleather skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted
Bowler hat: Thrifted
Armcandy: RANDOM
Lipstick: Matte MAC in Lady Danger 

No comments:

Post a Comment