Peaceful Goodbyes

15.10.14



.head to toe. em lipstick passion berries, Sandro mesh top, Reformation dress, Charlotte Russe heels
images shot by http://geneticboi.blogspot.com/Geneticboi

As I write this entry I am sitting in my friend's home in North Carolina. Many of you lovely followers and readers know that I started my fashion blog during college. I attended the Art Institute and graduated with my BA in Fashion Marketing and Management. 

Charlotte is where I began my journey in fashion. I didn't grow up with an idea of what I wanted to pursue. Although when I look back at my young diary entries and family photos I do see the humble beginnings of a rock star. Neither I, nor my family would predict that I would have picked up and moved to the amazing New York City in the Fall of 2011. After 4 long but life-changing years I made the decision to return to Charlotte. 

I know many of you are wondering why I would even dream of leaving NYC. There are many reasons. Not all that can be explained. Not all that need to be explained. But to leave you with some comfort there's a saying that goes, 

"Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you or makes you happy" 

For what she (New York City) has taught me is nothing I would take back. She's made me a better person, stronger believer and smarter woman. I come back to Charlotte with a sense of peace. I'm sure I'll miss the friends, the bars, the memories and of course the energy of New York City. But I can say that I'm ready. 

Ready to build a better me.

And don't think this is the end. I'll be back to New York to work on fashion gigs. It's not the end. She'll always be there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment